I’m not much of a gambler. I tried poker a couple of times and lost miserably! Any time I thought I had a good hand I would just get this uncontrollable grin. I think I need to take some cues from Lady Gaga.
I’ve been thinking about gambling because I made some cupcakes for a gambling enthusiasts birthday.
I decided on Roulette cupcakes!
Start with a tasty set of cupcakes (I made white chocolate and blueberry cupcakes).
1. Roll out fondant about a ¼ inch thick and cut out numbers with some number cookie cutters. Leave to dry out a bit.
2. Mix together a little vodka with some edible silver glitter (don’t worry you won’t taste it!) Paint the numbers with the edible glitter paint you just created and leave to dry.
3. Make a very small batch of vanilla buttercream and use gel food colouring to colour it bright leaf green.
4. Make a batch of chocolate buttercream and colour black (I recommend Americolors Super Black).
5. Make a batch of raspberry buttercream and use gel food colouring to make it a dark strawberry red colour. (Make raspberry buttercream by taking normal buttercream and adding crushed raspberries and some extra icing sugar.)
6. Pipe little mounds on each cupcake with a closed star tip (Wilton 2D tip) and press the fondant numbers into the side of each cupcake. Have a picture next to you as reference to make sure you get the right numbers on the right colour cupcakes.
7. Box up and give to the lucky birthday person.